Missed our key stories this week in Australia? BLOUIN ARTINFO brings you a quick recap:
– Callum Morton and Cigdem Aydemir were announced as the winners of the acquisitive 2013 Redlands Konica Minolta Art Prize
– Nicholas Forrest explored the work of two artists with Australian connections that are being exhibited at Frieze New York 2013
– World renowned textile artist and knit graffiti extraordinaire Magda Sayeg created an incredible yarn installation to celebrate the launch of the The Woolmark Company’s 2013 Campaign for Wool in Australia.
– Australian-produced film “The Rocket” took out the Best Narrative Feature award, the Heineken Audience award, and the Best Actor in a Narrative Feature Film award at the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival.
– Details were revealed of a giant work of art by Australian Aboriginal artist Lena Nyadbi that will be installed on the roof of the Musée du Quai Branly in Paris. The 700 square-metre installation will be viewable from the Eiffel Tower and accessible by Google Earth users.
– Nicholas Forrest reviewed the highly successful April 24 Deutscher and Hackett auction of Australian Art