Missed our key stories this week in Australia? BLOUIN ARTINFO brings you a quick recap:
– Nicholas Forrest spoke to Mitu Bhowmick Lange, the director of the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne, about the 100th anniversary of Indian film and the current status of the Indian film industry.
– Artinfo Australia previewed the Hollywood Costume exhibition that has just opened at Melbourne’s Australian Centre for the Moving Image.
– Melbourne artist Peter Wegner was awarded the $20,000 acquisitive Gallipoli Art Prize by the Gallipoli Memorial Club for his painting of a dog wearing a gas mask.
– Nicholas Forrest reviewed the exhibition “Debil Debil,” a group show of contemporary Indigenous art currently on show at Anna Schwartz Gallery in Sydney
– Gallerist Roslyn Oxley of Roslyn Oxley9 revealed details of her participation at Frieze New York 2013.
– Artinfo Australia previewed the upcoming Dark Mofo festival to be hosted by Tasmania’s Museum of Old and New Art (MONA)