Australia Week in Review: Ghostly Art, Indian Films, Hollywood Costumes, and More...
Missed our key stories this week in Australia? BLOUIN ARTINFO brings you a quick recap:
– Artinfo Australia previewed the Hollywood Costume exhibition that has just opened at Melbourne’s Australian Centre for the Moving Image.
– Melbourne artist Peter Wegner was awarded the $20,000 acquisitive Gallipoli Art Prize by the Gallipoli Memorial Club for his painting of a dog wearing a gas mask.
– Nicholas Forrest reviewed the exhibition “Debil Debil,” a group show of contemporary Indigenous art currently on show at Anna Schwartz Gallery in Sydney
– Gallerist Roslyn Oxley of Roslyn Oxley9 revealed details of her participation at Frieze New York 2013.
– Artinfo Australia previewed the upcoming Dark Mofo festival to be hosted by Tasmania’s Museum of Old and New Art (MONA)