Missed our key stories this week in Australia? BLOUIN ARTINFO brings you a quick recap:
– ARTINFO Australia got in touch with filmmaker Anthony Lau and asked him a few questions about the his new Woolmark Prize documentary “Reaching the Mark”.
– Nicholas Forrest previewed the upcoming Shapiro Fine Jewellery, 20/21C Art and Design auction.
– The Sydney Film Festival revealed a sneak-peek selection of 27 films to be screened at the 2013 edition of the Festival in June.
– Australia’s national gemstone, the opal, was chosen as the feature gemstone of China’s first top-level international mineral and gem exposition, the state-approved China (Changsha) Mineral and Gem Show.
– Nicholas Forrest spoke to Sydney artist Craig Walsh about his amazing project for the 2013 Setouchi Triennale.
– Portugese street artist Alexandre Farto, aka Vhils, left a trail of deconstruction in Sydney during his first visit to Australia