Australia Week in Review: Janet Laurence in UK, Art Project Ten Cubed, The Archibald Prize, and More
Missed our key stories this week in Australia? BLOUIN ARTINFO brings you a quick recap:
– Janet Laurence talked with Nicholas Forrest about her first major UK solo show opening at London’s The Fine Art Society in April.
– Nicholas Forrest explored experimental Australian art collecting project Ten Cubed
– Del Kathryn Barton won the Archibald Prize for the second time with her portrait of Hugo Weaving
– Menswear label FROM BRITTEN won the 2013 L’Oréal Melbourne Fashion Festival National Designer Award, Australia’s most prestigious and highly regarded fashion award.
– Nicholas Forrest took a closer look at Sydney artist Craig Walsh and Japanese born, Sydney based artist Hiromi Tango’s surreal and poetic installation for the 2013 Setouchi Triennale.
– Nicholas Forrest previewed the Laverty Collection auction of Australian art being held by Bonhams Australia on the 24 March at Sydney’s Museum of Contemporary Art.