Missed our key stories this week in Australia? BLOUIN ARTINFO brings you a quick recap:
– To celebrate the opening of Art Month Sydney, Nicholas Forrest selected 10 events that should be at the top of everyone's Art Month Sydney to-do list.
– We took a look at an exhibition of 94 magnificent Australian works of art that is currently being hosted by Sotheby’s Australia at their new Melbourne headquarters to raise money for the Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation.
– In remembrance of Australian artist Bert Flugelman, who died on Tuesday, aged 90, ARTINFO Australia looked back at some of the artist’s best known sculptures including “Spheres” in Adelaide and the “Dobell Memorial” in Sydney.
– The Art Gallery of South Australia (AGSA) unveiled their latest acquisition, a stunning painting by renowned Australian artist Ben Quilty that the artist gifted to the Gallery to commemorate the tenth anniversary of the their Contemporary Collectors benefaction group.
– Australian artists Sam Jinks, Dale Frank, Sally Gabori, and Yhonnie Scarce were announced as participants in the 55th Venice Biennale satellite exhibition “Personal Structures: Time, Space, Existence.”