What: Asium Asian Arts
Where: Millon & Associes, 17 Rue de la Grange Bateliere Paris 9 th
When: Jun 15, 2018; 03.00 pm
Top lots of the sale:
- China, Brand and Qianlong period, eighteenth century. Large incense burner tripod bronze. A brown patina, fine cast leaves discern three dragons with five claws protects the sacred pearl, each placed over three feet taking shape in the European said 'cabriole' topped masks lions. Height: 32 cm. Width: 40 cm. Depth: 28 cm. Estimate: 100,000 - 150,000 € ($ 117,858 - $ 176,787)
- China, Ming period, Cheng Hua period (1464-1487). Gilded bronze sculpture representing Maha Kashyapa. Eyes half-closed and gaze down, eyebrows thick and gathered, sketching a slight smile, pleated forehead and bare head balanced by ears with elongated lobes. The draped body of a long tunic falling on his bare feet and containing a richly chiseled border of lotus flowers and foliage. Hands clasped at the front of her bare chest. Height: 24 cm. Width: 11 cm. Depth: 9 cm. Estimate: 30,000 - 40,000 € ($ 35,357 - $ 47,143)
- China, 17th century. Important bronze perfume burner of exceptional dimensions compared to similar known types. It takes the form of fishing, the decoration in relief on the belly of branches and fruits. The base and the openwork lid have similar patterns. Six-character mark 'Da Ming Xuande Nian Zhi' under the base. 56 x 62 x 37 cm. Estimate: 30,000 - 40,000 € ($ 35,357 - $ 47,143)
- China, Mark and Era Yongzheng, eighteenth century. The base encircled with a band of classical foliage taken inside on the border, at the bottom a flowered peony stalk included in two circles. A Yongzheng mark in undercover blue in a double circle under the base corresponding to the period. Height: 12 cm. Diameter: 23.7 cm. Estimate: 30,000 - 40,000 € ($ 35,357 - $ 47,143)
- China, 18th century. Rare imperial neck made of rhinoceros horn carved and gilded bronze.
The central horn made of rich dark brown color skillfully carved with a dragon wrapped among the clouds. Possibly a Buddhist ritual object, approaching the ritual trumpets called Kangling. Height: 11.5 cm. Diameter: 2 cm. Gross Weight: 35.3g. Estimate: 10,000 - 15,000 € ($ 11,785 - $ 17,678)
- China, 18th century. Large copper tray and cloisonne enamels with central decoration of a lotus flower surrounded by foliage and flowers. On the outside of the disc, geometric shapes of Greek adorn this tray, the whole set on a blue background. Possibly a table top or pedestal table. Diameter: 56 cm. Estimate: 10,000 - 12,000 € ($ 11,785 - $ 14,143)
- Cambodia, Khmer, in the style of Bayon. Beige sandstone bas-relief consisting of three carved panels. Depicting standing Devata, holding in his left hand a lotus flower and wearing a finely crafted 'sampot'. Height: 158 cm. Width: 48 cm. Estimate: 10,000 - 12,000 € ($ 11,785 - $ 14,143)
For details, visit: http://www.millon.com/index.jsp
Click on the slideshow for the highlights of the sale.
Founder: Louise Blouin